Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 03:15:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Al Elia <aelia@worldmachine.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm0 broke between 3.1-RELEASE and 3.1.19990407-SNAP?

Hello,

I just wanted to report that my ESS AudioDrive was detected by the pcm
driver in 3.1-RELEASE, but when I upgraded to the 0407 SNAP (to fix the
linux support bug), the pcm driver stopped detecting...

I recompiled the kernel with the same settings in both releases, which is
why I'm assuming it must be abug in the changed pcm code.

Please let me know if there is a fix, or, if you weren't aware of this
bug, please let me know when it _is_ fixed :)

Thanks

--
Al Elia
Worldmachine Technologies Corporation