Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:42:29 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
Subject:   Re: VCD (was Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ata atapi-cd.c)

At 5:24 AM +0100 2001/1/22, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

>  We must mean different things by "SMS gateway"... If Brad meant
>  "gateways to which an SMS content provider can connect to send SMS
>  messages to end-users", then I stand by my claim that there is no
>  technical obstacle to sending messages to one carrier's customers
>  through another carrier's gateway.

	There may very well not be any technical obstacles to using any
SMS gateway of your choice, the only obstacles may be administrative
or political in nature -- just like the complete and total lack of
ability to roam on other network within your home country.

	Nevertheless, the practical result is that, at least in Belgium,
you can only use the SMS gateway provided to you by your GSM carrier.