Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:18:34 -0500
From:      "Dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   samba 3.28 port compilation gives error about locking unavailable

Hello,
    I'm trying to install samba 3.28 on 6.3. Previously i had installed
samba on 6.2 without seeing this error.

    LDAP_LIBS = -lldap -llber
    AUTH_LIBS = -lcrypt  -lpam
checking configure summary... ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba
would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

I believe this is something specific to this system and not a port issue,
i've done this install in a jailed environment and the compilation worked
fine. This 6.3 install was done using sysinstall's minimum working
configuration option. I'm trying to configure samba as a pdc with an ldap
backend. If anyone has an idea on this locking error i'm open to
suggestions.
Thanks.
Dave.