Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:29:14 +1100
From:      Duncan Bolt <duncan.bolt@anu.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree did not like my intel 810 video !

Hi, I have just installed Free BSD on a new PIII

The XFree did not like my built in intel 810 video.

Xfree documentation states that it is included in Xfree 4, but
apparently is only supported in linux.

I tried a web search on the subject and was pointed to an egroups
mailing list, which turned out to be this one, but archived in
egroups.

Searching through that was frustrating as the search found different
messages each time, none of which seemed complete enough to show me
what to do.

Though implying that it would work.

So any ideas on what I should do ?

>On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, ligang wrote:
>
>  > Sorry to distrub you,
>No problem, heh.
>  >         I  want install a Netscape from packages, but the
>dep-pkg: XFree86-3.3.6_6.tgz and 3.3.6_7.tgz is not in the
>packages/all directory, where to get it?
>  >        I use 4.2FreeBSD,  i don't want install it from ftp site,
>it's too slowly. I only want download the packages to install it.
>  >         Thanks.
>
>Look at the XFree86 webpage (www.xfree86.org), they will point you to
>their FTP site. As I can see in there, you can easily download the sources
>for 3.3.6, but i don't know if it's 3.3.6_6 or 7. There are the binaries
>too. I suggest you try the XFree86-4.x-BRANCH. It seems that they have
>a subdirectory in their ftp for FreeBSD 4.x. (under binaries).
>
>Have a nice day!

Duncan Bolt

IT Officer
Research School of Earth Sciences,