Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 11:07:32 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        How Can ThisBe <howcanthisbe300@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can I mount a cdrom .bin file?

--2O+9B+xSKalj/wdD

On Wednesday, 14 May 2003 at 21:17:22 +0000, How Can ThisBe wrote:
> Hello. I have a number of .bin CDROM images and I was wondering how I
> can mount them? I know how to mount .iso CDROM images but .bin is new
> to me :]

File name extensions are meaningless in UNIX.  You can call them
anything you want.  As somebody else observed, it might be a
proprietary format, in which case you're out of luck.  But don't
assume anything based on the name.  file(1) is your friend some of the
time, but it doesn't recognize ISO images.

Greg

--2O+9B+xSKalj/wdD

--2O+9B+xSKalj/wdD--