Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Alexander Bezroutchko <abb@zenon.net>, FreeBSD Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: about jail

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <19990925171712.A80535@zenon.net>, Alexander Bezroutchko writes:
>
> >* scheduling
> > Scheduler must provide equal time quantum to each jail. I think
> > something like "fair share scheduler" required. Is there any plans
> > to implement such scheme in FreeBSD ?
>
> Not from me.

	Check out:

"Retrofitting Quality of Service into a Time-Sharing Operating System"
	John Bruno, Jos Brustoloni, Eran Gabber, Banu zden, and
	Abraham Silberschatz, Lucent Technologies--Bell Laboratories

	This was an interesting paper from the 99 USENIX Technical
Conference that seems applicable.  I don't know if the sources have been
made available, but alot of the hierarchical stuff is very similar to H.
Zhang's QoS networking work and that _is_ available under CMU's license.

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]