Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:16:23 -0800
From:      Lucas Wang <lucas@cs.ucla.edu>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making installworld got stuck on SunFire v20z (Freebsd 8.0)

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try.

Lucas

On Feb 20, 2010, at 5:00 PM, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Lucas Wang wrote:
>> I tried to install Freebsd 8.0 on one of our lab machines, which is
>> SunFire v20z. After successfully installing it from CD, I followed =
the
>> following steps trying to update the kernel and world:
>> cvsup
>> make buildworld
>> make buildkernel
>> make installkernel
>> reboot
>> mergemaster -p
>> make installworld
>> Everything was fine until the `make installworld` process run for a =
while and then got stuck, after that it won't respond to Ctrl-C. When I =
tried to login from another tty, it doesn't respond either. I even tried =
installing the machine from scratch
>> several times, and at different times it got stuck when installing =
different libraries. I would really appreciate any ideas about why this =
could happen or how