Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 96 18:55:56 +0100
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        questions%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: Ghostscript.

jeff@stat.uconn.edu writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a short question on ghostscript if anybody knows the answer.  I
> presently have Alladin ghostscript-3.51 installed on my FreeBSD-2.1.0
> system and it is working great.  The only problem is I want to install
> hylafax and it requires gnu ghostscript-2.6.2.

why not just change the Makefile for hylafax to reference gs-3.51 ? AFAIK
there's nothing magical about gs-2.6.2. Or take out the dependency
entirely. Just make sure that you have the tiff drivers in gs-3.51
(they get compiled in automatically, seems to me).

> Can gnu ghostscript use Alladin ghostscript's font files?  That would for
> instance save me a lot of disk space.  If this is possible, where would I
> look to help me make this type of installation.

I'm using gs-3.51 with a set of fonts from 1992. The fonts seem to work
with all versions of ghostscript.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de