Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 05:05:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        mpeer@cccd.edu, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cd changer

> >From the keyboard of Michael Peer:
>
> > Joerg from the FreeBSD news group directed me to you for questions on the
> > nakamichi 7 disk cdrom changer below is a copy to those messages.
> >
> > My original question was, I have one I understand others have them, and they
> > are known to work, it looked to me to be a no brainer, but mine doesn't
> > work.  It only sees the first two disks, and that's it.
>
> I'm using this device under 2.1 with NEW_SCSICONF defined in the kernel
> config file and the following patch:
>
> 	The problem with more than a few CDROMS on line at once in 2.05
> 	and 2.1 (either lots of regular drives or one of the changers) was
> 	just fixed in -current.  This will make the Nak unit work properly.
>
> 	If you can rebuild from source, change the
> 	>    if(cd->dkunit) {
> 	>    if(cd->dkunit >= 0) {
>
> 	in sys/scsi/cd.c

This bug caused system crashes when concurrently using more than DK_NDRIVES
disks+ROMS.  Michael is seeing two ROMS (so it is probing past the first
LUN) but no others.

Michael, could you post your dmesg output when it probes the NAK with
seven ROMS in it?  Boot with "-v" (specify "-v" at the boot prompt).

--
Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936