Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:05:31 +0000
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   conflicting dependencies: py-gtk12 / py-gtk2

Hi,

because of a recent update of the port deskutils/libmrproject I have
a conflict in the dependencies of 2 applications I use:

1) Moleskine - requires py-gtk
2) Mr. Project - requires py-gtk2

I'm willing to investigate some time to solve this problem, but I
have a lot of other things to do, so any help would be gladly welcome.
I think about 2 ways to solve this problem, but I'm not sure whether
one of them will work.

1) change the installed location of one of the py-gtk ports, preferable
    those of py-gtk-12 from %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/pygtk.* to
    %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/pygtk12.* and add a patch for all dependend
    ports.
2) Find out how to patch py-gtk12 dependend ports that they would
    work with py-gtk2 fine and create a (more or less) general patch
    for them.

Does anybody have a (helpful) hint for me where to start?

Thanks in advance,
Jens