Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 19:08:52 -0400
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   kernel config on 4.1-RELEASE

Hi all,

I just cvsup'd the 4.1-RELEASE kernel source down, and was working on
modifying my kernel configs to work with 4.1-REL.  (Just waiting for WC to
ship my CDs..)  I've downloaded the 4.1-REL version of /usr/sbin/config, and
have been using it to generate the requisite makefiles.

Anyhow, when I do a 'make depend' in my compile-time directory, all is well,
except for this:

===> vesa
===> wi
===> agp
make: don't know how to make agp_if.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

agp.h in my compile-time directory says "#define NAGP 0"

I've taken a peek at some of the Makefile stuff for kernel-building, and I
can't seem to figure out why it's trying to build agp_if.c when I don't have
any AGP devices.

Any ideas?  (The only thing I've tried is adding 'device pci' to my config,
just in case there was some wierd dependency.  No change.)

<KERNELCONFIG>

machine  "i386"
cpu  "I486_CPU"
ident  "STYX-20000827-01-base"
maxusers 16

options  MATH_EMULATE  #Support for x87 emulation
options  INET   #InterNETworking
options  "COMPAT_43"  #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options  USERCONFIG  #boot -c editor
options  VISUAL_USERCONFIG #visual boot -c editor

options  FFS   #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options  FFS_ROOT  #FFS usable as root device [keep this!]
options  NFS   #NFS support
options  PROCFS   #Process filesystem

config  kernel

device  isa

device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
device  fd0 at fdc0 drive 0

device  ata  # ATAPI bus
device          atadisk         # ATAPI disk drives
device          atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives

device  atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device  atkbd0 at atkbdc? irq 1
device  psm0 at atkbdc? irq 12

device  vga0 at isa?
device  sc0 at isa?

device  npx0 at isa? port IO_NPX irq 13

device  sio0 at isa? port "IO_COM1" flags 0x10 irq 4
device  sio1 at isa? port "IO_COM2" irq 3

device  ppc0 at isa? port? flags 0x40 irq 7
device  ppbus0   # Parallel port bus (required)
device  lpt0 at ppbus? # Printer

device  ed0 at isa? port 0x300 irq 11 iomem 0xd0000
device  ed1 at isa? port 0x320 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000

pseudo-device loop   # Network loopback
pseudo-device ether   # Ethernet support
pseudo-device gzip   # Exec gzipped a.out's
pseudo-device pty  16 # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
pseudo-device bpf  1 # Berkeley Packet Filter
pseudo-device ppp  1 # Kernel PPP
pseudo-device tun  1 # Tunnel Device

options  PPP_FILTER
options  PPP_DEFLATE