Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:47:12 +0430
From:      s m <sam.gh1986@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: restore /usr dump on two hard disk parallel y

thanks Lowell for your reply,

i want to restore my /usr dump on both of my disks (each one has /usr
partition separately).

i try to use TMPDIR in order to prevent this conflict, but restore does not
identify it and use my /tmp dir yet. this is what i do:
first, i create a tmp1 directory in /tmp directory and set its permission
to 777
second, i mount tmp1 into my hard disk number 1

i do these two steps for my hard disk number 2 (create tmp2 in tmp and
mount it to hard disk number 2)

moreover, this is my restore command:

TMPDIR=/tmp/tmp2
restore rf /mnt/dumps/zrdump_usr.dump  TMPDIR

man page for restore command said: if you use -r option, it uses tmp files
with unique name in /tmp directory. as you see, i am using -r in my restore
command but conflict happens yet.
please let me know how to use TMPDIR or any other solution to avoid
conflict in /tmp directory.
thanks in advance
sam