Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 1995 21:33:23 +1800 (CST)
From:      john@starfire.mn.org
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   virtual terminals can't be reached with 2.0.5R after X-server HUP

Due to the memory leaks in the X-server, I need to HUP it every once
in awhile (SVGA).  After doing that, I cannot switch back to the
ASCII virtual terminals again.  When I try, I get a "beep".  Even
when I log out, I get a "beep" when it would normally flash to vt0
quickly.  So far, I have not found a way to recover the use of the
vt's except to reboot -- is there a more graceful way, or should I
be sending the X-server a different signal, or what?

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417