Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 2003 03:22:16 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd block size

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 10:10:40 +0100, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@des.no> wrote:

> I've been having a variety of problems burning CDs with atang:
>
>  - burncd consistently failing in exactly the same spot in the ISO,
>    and reporting "only wrote 0 of 32768 bytes: Unknown error: 0"
>
>  - burncd failing right at the start with "only wrote -1 of 32768
>    bytes: Input/output error" (this generally happens after a couple
>    of the previous, and once it starts happening I have to reboot)

Whew, glad that I am not only one.. I *just* have wasted two of my blank
CD in like fifteen minutes ago, I keep wondering if I created the ISO
files in the wrong way or was it burncd's fault.. Until now here..

I get like this:
=====================================
# burncd -f /dev/acd0 -e -s 6 data NT2004.iso fixate
next writeable LBA 0
writing from file NT2004.iso size 662576 KB
written this track 410656 KB (61%) total 410656 KB
only wrote 4096 of 32768 bytes: Unknown error: 0

fixating CD, please wait..

I tried the another ISO and I get the same thing by stopped at 32768 bytes.

I am going to use cdrecord for now, hope it will work ok.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.