Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:50:42 +0100
From:      "Thomas Coppens" <thomas.coppens@advalvas.be>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <efortenb@sdccd.cc.ca.us>
Subject:   RE: Installing FreeBSD on a RAID0 array with onboard RAID

Well, the Promise chips are supposed to work... I took this from the
FreeBSD website:

<PASTE>
3.1 Disk Controllers IDE/ATA controllers ( ata(4) driver)
- Promise ATA100 OEM chip (pdc20265)
- Promise Fasttrak-33, -66, -100
- Promise Ultra-33, -66, -100
</PASTE>

FreeBSD does find the array, it just gives a timeout...