Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:05:04 +0300 (EEST)
From:      stefan@extum.com
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XIG AcceleratedX -> FreeBSD

Hello all,

I'm user of FreeBSD, Solaris and Linux doing Administration work and as
well 3D programming sometimes. I am trying to get your oppinions related
with 3D/Xserver under FreeBSD -

Accelerated X is a product from www.xig.com
which is cool and runs without any problems. Support offered by them
is really professional and cool. They now have Summit
version of the same product which comes with OpenGL libraries and it is
charged for specific video card ( example: if you have Radeon 8500 then
you have to pay around 100USD some time limited offer and you get the
drivers for that card. If you have another card you need a different
driver and might cost different)

Now Summit is only available for Solaris Intel and Linux Intel. I have
several times tried to get the version for FreeBSD but xig's answer was
without a minimal interest they would not provide support and development
for Summit OpenGL on FreeBSD

Question: Is anybody here interested to setup a list where people could
sign and I could drop it to the main support guy, Bryan Chambers ?
At least doing so we could see if there is any interest in OpenGL under
FreeBSD and more possibilities than XFree86 as a X Server. People which
are willing to pay could as well keep small market for products which runs
under FreeBSD.

What do you guys think ?

stefan