Date:      K, 22 jan 2002 15:16:17
From:      "Lajos Zaccomer" <Lajos.Zaccomer@eth.ericsson.se>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Telnet option negotiation

Hi,

Thanx for the impressive welcome, Terry. Yes, I might be wrong; however, in this case, please interpret the following quotation from RFC854, page 4:
"In summary, WILL XXX is sent, by either party, to indicate that
   party's desire (offer) to begin performing option XXX, DO XXX and
   DON'T XXX being its positive and negative acknowledgments; similarly,
   DO XXX is sent to indicate a desire (request) that the other party
   (i.e., the recipient of the DO) begin performing option XXX, WILL XXX
   and WON'T XXX being the positive and negative acknowledgments.  Since
   the NVT is what is left when no options are enabled, the DON'T and
   WON'T responses are guaranteed to leave the connection in a state
   which both ends can handle.  Thus, all hosts may implement their
   TELNET processes to be totally unaware of options that are not
   supported, simply returning a rejection to (i.e., refusing) any
   option request that cannot be understood."
Might be you who don't understand? If I was wrong, how is that all other platforms supported the way I used, except FreeBSD? Fuzzy, isn't it?

So, the question is still not answered.

Zacco