Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:07:57 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <bob88@eng.ufl.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.3 RC2 disk 1 ISO torrent available

This is more of an announcement than a question, but:

In the past, I've noticed questions from people looking for ISO image
file torrents for FreeBSD.  To see if there really is a demand for this,
I've set one up (only for FreeBSD 5.3RC2 i386 disk 1).  You can download
the torrent file from http://www.eng.ufl.edu/bobj/FreeBSD-5_3_RC2.torrent

I'm using bnbt for the tracker and seeding it with ctorrent.  For some
reason it seems reluctant to seed to other copies of ctorrent, but works
fine with other clients (e.g. qtorrent).  When possible, I'll keep
another seed up with a different client to try to make sure a usable
seed is always up.

I'll also try to upload a copy to http://www.suprnova.org to get it more
exposure.

- Bob