Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:46:36 +1030
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@apana.org.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Lack of listening sockets

Can't find a FAQ or other docs on this one - can someone please direct me?

On trying to start KDE (using startx) I run into this error:

"Could not read network connection list
/home/bra/DCOPserver_0
Please check that the "dcopserver" is running!"

The console output shows:
"Cannot establish any listening sockets"

If I keep trying  - up to ten times so far and it seems to be getting worse -
eventually KDE starts normally, and I can go in and out of X, even changing
users if I wish, without further hassle.
Obviously I want to cure this problem!   :-)

--
Regards,
Brian