Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:45:16 -0800
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To:        Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86-4, Linux binaries, DRI?

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 04:21:24AM -0800, Steve Reid wrote:
> I think I'm close...
> libGL error: MGA DRI driver expected DRM driver version 2.0.x but got
> version 1.0.0

Success! The "expected DRM driver version..." bit was apparently caused
by the linux X modules from the .deb I was using being out of sync with
everything. Grabbed a linux XF86 4.0.1 "Xmod.tgz" direct from
xfree86.org and extracted it and it worked like a charm.

The result is actually slightly _slower_ than the G200 w/ XF86 3.3.5
and Utah-GLX. On the "fastest" setting timedemo demo001, I am getting
43 fps with the new G450/DRI as compared to 46 fps with the old
G200/Utah. However, with the G450 I can go up to 640x480 and increased
texture detail with _no_ loss in fps, and do 800x600 with only a few
frames lost, thanks to the higher video memory bandwidth. This makes it
much nicer to look at.