Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 00:10:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        Stephen Bader <viper@viper.jorsm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error when running "talk"

Sounds like somethings didn't get install correctly.  The library talk is
asking for normally resides in /usr/lib, and comes as part of the standard
base install (i.e. bin).  Mine runs fine under 3.3-release.  Make sure the
library, libcurses.so.2 exists in /usr/lib, then run:

env OBJFORMAT=elf ldconfig -m /usr/lib

Then see if talk will run.

Joe Clarke