Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:03:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@devrycols.edu>
To:        Frank Griffith <frankg@idfw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need Help with NFS

> I have two FreeBSD 2.2.7 computers running on an ethernet
> network. I have one machine "A" configured for NFS server and
> NFS client. The other machine "B" is configured for NFS client.
> Now, how do I mount a directory on machine "B" to see a drive
> on machine "A"?

A.  edit /etc/exports to contain a line 'exporting' the filesystem for NFS
  FreeBSD's default exports file contains the syntax

B.  restart nfsd / mountd

C.  on the client machine  'mount -t nfs remotehost:/my/exported/dor
/my/local/dir

That's it.  Of course, all this was available from 'man mount_nfs'.