Date:      Sat, 19 May 2007 14:54:10 +1000
From:      "Paul Fraser" <pfraser@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No output - emu10k1 digital, analogue

Hi all,

I've got a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro (whew, what a mouthful!)
on my FreeBSD desktop which I'm trying to get working. I've loaded
snd_emu10k1 into the kernel and the card has been detected.[1]

I can also change mixer settings[2] but can't seem to actually get any sound
to play! I've tried both the analogue outputs on the PCI card for the
Audigy, as well as the optical out for the break-out box - my receiver does
detect a signal coming out over optical however when playing a MP3,
there's... nothing.

Could anybody offer some insight on where to go from here? It's been pretty
quiet here without any music and I think I'll go a bit crazy soon.

Cheers.

[1] dmesg output: pcm0: <Creative Audigy 2 (EMU10K2)> port 0xe000-0xe03f irq
17 at device 13.0 on pci0
[2] mixer output:
Mixer vol      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to 100:100
Mixer rec      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer igain    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer ogain    is currently set to  50:50
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer phin     is currently set to 100:100
Mixer phout    is currently set to 100:100
Mixer video    is currently set to  75:75
Recording source: mic

--
Regards,

Paul Fraser