Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:03:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw+r for FreeBSD -- Progress but no success

   Did you format the DVD+RW ?  DVD+RW disks have to be formatted exactly
   once before you can burn them.  Once formatted you can burn them over
   and over again.  See the dvd+rw-format program.

   If that doesn't work run dvd+rw-mediainfo with the DVD+RW in the drive.
   I'm not an expert but the 500A does work for me with DVD+RW disks.

						-Matt

:Update:  Progress without success
:
:I've recompiled my system and kernel with atapicam.
:Executing 'camcontrol devlist' results in a listing of
:my dvd burner as a scsi device.  Once I changed
:'/dev/acd0c' to '/dev/cd0c' in /etc/fstab, I was able
:to mount a cdrom in /dev/cd0c to /cdrom.
:
:I executed the following as root ('./testfile' is a
:short text file.):
:
:>growisofs -Z /dev/cd0c -R -J ./testfile
:
:Resutls:
:Executing 'mkisofs -R -J testfile | builtin_dd
:of=/dev/pass0 obs=32k seek=0'
::-[ LBA=0h, SENSE KEY=5h/ASC=30h,ASCQ=10h ]
::-( write failed: Invalid argument
:
:Any ideas?
: