Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:41:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        David Gethings <davidg@pipex.net>
Cc:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer2@gwdg.de>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: fdisk and HD's larger than 2GB

On 13 Dec 2002, David Gethings wrote:
> Subject: Re: fdisk and HD's larger than 2GB
>
> On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 12:26, Konrad Heuer wrote:
> > On 13 Dec 2002, David Gethings wrote:
> >
> > > If I can't get this to work I'm going to have to use Linux as I know
> > > this works. :(
> >
> > If you know Linux fdisk recognizing the disk correctly, you can try to use
> > Linux fdisk to create a FreeBSD partition, can't you? You should than be
> > able to use the partition withis FreeBSD sysinstall.
> >
> > I Know that this is not a real solution, but it may be a workaround.
> Hi Konrad,
>
> That thought did cross my mind after I sent the email out. If I must
> then I will do this, but I would rather be able to do this from within
> the FreeBSD install.
>
> Regards
>
> Dg

This can't be a bug or limitation in FreeBSD's fdisk, it must be a quirk
in your hardware (we've all seen them hehe!). Since 4.5, I've had FreeBSD
installed on several boxes with enormous hard drives in various
partitioning schemes without a glitch.

I had issues once with OpenBSD wanting to be on a smaller partition, but
never with FreeBSD.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg