Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:17:55 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Solmin Vladimir <vs@celicom.ru>
Subject:   Re: apache 2.2.22_8

On 16 September 2012 07:19, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Solmin Vladimir <vs@celicom.ru> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>> Im using apache 2.2.22_6 with make options in /etc/make.conf
>>
>> # apache22
>> .if ${.CURDIR} == ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache22
>> WITH_SUEXEC=            YES
>> SUEXEC_DOCROOT=         /www
>> SUEXEC_USERDIR=         /www/*/cgi-bin
>> SUEXEC_LOGFILE=         /var/log/suexec.log
>> WITH_APACHE_PERF_TUNING=yes
>> .endif
>>
>> But after svn co /usr/ports today i'm see next:
>>
>> $portupgrade -arR
>> ** Port marked as IGNORE: www/apache22:
>>         is marked as broken: WITH/WITHOUT parameters are obsolete. The
>> port use the new options NG framework. Please read
>> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Ports/Options/OptionsNG
>>
>> but a don't understand how i must set SUEXEC_DOCROOT, SUEXEC_USERDIR and
>> SUEXEC_LOGFILE in NG framework format...
>>
>> Please help show me how....
>>

> I have read that instruction and I am also not clear with what the correct
> syntax is for /etc/make.conf.
>
> I have come up with this:
>

> # apache22
> .if ${.CURDIR} == ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache22
> ${APACHE22}_SET=SUEXEC
> ${APACHE22}_SET=SUEXEC_DOCROOT /www
> ${APACHE22}_SET=SUEXEC_USERDIR  /www/*/cgi-bin
>

> ${APACHE22}_SET=SUEXEC_LOGFILE /var/log/suexec.log
> .endif
>
>  I cant say if that's how it should be, but I think:-)
>

> Hopefully, Chris can help us understand the syntax better.

Thanks for copying me in, I'm not on this list.

You're very close!

You need to use ${UNIQUENAME}_SET, and to find the UNIQUENAME you need to;

[crees@pegasus]~% cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
[crees@pegasus]/usr/ports/www/apache22% make -VUNIQUENAME
apache22

Now we know it's apache22, we can use:

# (No need to bother with .if ${.CURDIR} any more)

apache22_SET+= SUEXEC
SUEXEC_DOCROOT=         /www
SUEXEC_USERDIR=         /www/*/cgi-bin
SUEXEC_LOGFILE=         /var/log/suexec.log

I'm not sure what APACHE_PERF_TUNING is; you may find it's been
deprecated.  Check with apache@ about that.  If I've somehow missed
that, you can just add it to the apache22_SET list:

apache22_SET+= SUEXEC APACHE_PERF_TUNING

Hope that helps!

Chris

(corresponding to WITHOUT is ${UNIQUENAME}_UNSET)