Date:      Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:15:03 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Bart Silverstrim" <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>, "Josh Ockert" <torstenvl@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Demon license?

Ah, Bart, but you see this is part of the problem.  There is not
consensus among the core Project members that doing this is a good
idea.  IMHO that is why they agreed on a contest, because the pro Beastie
group is hoping that the anti Beastie group would get bogged down in
the contest and lose interest, and the anti Beastie group saw the
contest as a way of defeating at least one argument - that the new
logo would look terrible from an artistic point of view.

>FreeBSD doesn't need strings attached via corporate entanglements, in
>my opinion.

FreeBSD already has entangling corporate strings - Apple is one of
the entanglers for example.  But, interestingly enough, none of those
people are complaining about this issue.

>Beastie reminds users of FreeBSD of FreeBSD like a pretty
>blue screen reminds them of Windows.

If that doesen't appear as someone's tagline I'll be amazed!!!

> Let's make the logo a puddle of yellow water with a trout
>jumping out of it...symbolic of all the pissing matches this argument
>as spawned.

:-)

> when it comes to free-source operating systems, it is a
>geek's party and the market promoters are the crashers.

Hear hear!

Ted