Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:50:54 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste@ste-land.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How do I turn this off?

Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

> When I login, I get a UNIX tip by Dru, printed on the screen. I'd like
> to turn that off, but haven't located where to do that ... TIA.
>
>     -ste

LOL, there not *all* by Dru ... but a lot of them
are.

Check your dotfiles (.login, .profile, .shrc, .cshrc, and so
on) for a line about "/usr/games/fortune" and comment
it out.

Then either source that file (in the event it's a shell
resource file) or just log out and back in and see if
you found the right one.

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.