Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:02:07 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvup mirrors and exact CVS dates

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 11:02:11AM +0200, Erik Cederstrand wrote:
> Rudolf Cejka wrote:
>> Erik Cederstrand wrote (2007/10/26):
>>> Ok, that's usable for me, to just fetch sources from now() - 1 hour. I=
=20
>>> just=20
>> Yes, simply download sources atleast one hour old, but better would be
>> two or three hours. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can check my
>> mirror operation at ftp://ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org/pub/logs/cvsup/, where all
>> cvsup logs are (they are of course valid just for cvsup.cz.FreeBSD.org).
>=20
> Ok. Two or three hours would be fine, too.
>=20
>>> Maybe a complete CVS repo would give me that info?
>> I think that the best is really cvsup with date=3DYYYY.MM.DD.HH.MM.SS
>> in your supfile, but I'm not sure, which time it is, you should check
>> it first.
>=20
> I reread my previous email, and I may not have made myself clear. I'm=20
> trying to answer the question: "Are CVS dates aaaa.bb.cc.dd.ee.ff and=20
> uuuu.vv.ww.xx.yy.zz equal, in terms of source code?". Anyway, there might=
=20
> be no easy way to answer this, and it's not a top priority for me.

The only certain and reliable way that I can think of is parsing all
the *,v CVS files and extracting the change dates from them.  As you
may realize, that's a lot of work, or at least a task that is quite
time-consuming and disk-intensive - but I can think of no other way.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
=2Esiht ekil ti gnidaer eb d'uoy ,werbeH ni erew ecnetnes siht fI

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--