Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 10:30:01 -0500
From:      Randall D DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Top dies with seg.fault

Greetings,

I'm running a -current SMP system that's current as of 4-26.  I notice
that if I try to run top it dies with a segmentation fault (or memory
fault, depending on which login shell I use).  Sometimes it will start,
but display scrambled output for several seconds before crashing.  It
runs fine if I log in as 'root' however, but will not run if I 'su' to
root in any shell.  I'm not exactly sure when this changed as I haven't
tried to run top in a while.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Randy DuCharme