Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:47:52 -0500
From:      "HOLLOW, CHRISTOPHER" <christopher.hollow@cgi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Disk not found

I've worked with ProLiant servers and with FreeBSD RAID, but not on the
same box.  Basically, as I understand it, you should use the Compaq
SmartStart Array Configuration Utility to create the RAID1 (mirror)
array.   The array controller will then present the RAID set as one
logical drive to the OS.  The total logical size will be the size of one
(1) of the drives.  Using a Promise RAID controller, dmesg listed the
device ar0 for the logical RAID set and the devices ad4 and ad6 for the
low-level RAID components.  The ar0 partition is what is carved up and
installed to.  Hope this helps...

Chris