Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:54:59 -0500
From:      "Andrew Thorpe" <athorpe@erac.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <demus78@ntlworld.com>
Subject:   RE: 4.4-RELEASE: X-Kernel-Developer Install (X-Windows portion)

Jonathan and Demus78:

1.6GB should be sufficient disk space. When I first installed, I didn't even
get X windows. After you select the installation class, when it asks you to
choose your packages, double-check to see if Gnome is selected by default. I
knbow that some things you would expect to be (bash, python) are not
automatically installed. Chances are someone has a better explanation/reason
than I do, but this seems like a good place to start.

-Andrew