Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:08:05 -0500
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   quagga and OSPFD and point-to-point tunnels.

Here is an odd situation.

If I start quagga ospfd after creating gre, tun, or gif devices, ospfd
recognises them as point-to-point interfaces and everything works.

However, if I start quagga and then create interfaces afterwards, the
interfaces are not recognised as point-to-point interfaces and OSPF
packets only travel in one direction (into the box).

I'm not sure if the problem lies solely with quagga or FreeBSD or a
little of both.

For one, does the GRE device not have the POINTOPOINT flag set
immediately?  Has someone banged their head against this problem?

It appears to cover all versions of FreeBSD, but I'm using
5.3-RELEASE-p5 to test.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |