Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 1998 20:58:38 -0700 (MST)
From:      Graey <slayer@luvewe.ops.us.eglobe.com>
To:        Ed Suchocki <esuchocki@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frustrated with bsd

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Ed Suchocki wrote:

> I'm currently using MS Explorer 4.0 and I do not see any way of starting an
> ftp file transfer (no reference in help).

Finally, a question that I can answer ;)

First of all I dont know of any online FBSD manuals except for the ones on
the bsd webpage, but I do know about ftping with MSIE... just click on it
and it prompts you to save it to disk.  That's basically the same thing,
just a lot slower.  If you must ftp it, I suggest (this assumes you're
using windows) finding WS_FTP.  A list of FTP sites that have freebsd can
be found on http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook337.html#687
Most of them are listed as ftp://something, just plug the host/domain part
into the 'host name' section in ws_ftp and plug the path into 'remote
host' in the 'intitial directories' section of ws_ftp.  Click the
'anonymous login' box and click 'ok'.  All this will be clear once you
actually are looking at ws_ftp.  The helpfiles in ws_ftp are relatively
clear.  Good luck.

- Graey