Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2016 21:53:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unbound forward.conf gets overwritten

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016, the wise Polytropon wrote:

> If I remember correctly, /var/unbound content is getting generated
> automatically, so changes to those files will not survive a reboot.
> Check "man unbound.conf" on how to set the forward-addr options in the
> ("static") configuration file. At service (re)start, those should cause
> the required settings in /var/unbound/forward.conf to appear.

I've found a solution already: comment out the line
"unbound_conf="/var/unbound/forward.conf"" in /etc/resolvconf.conf.

At first I tried to add the forward-addr lines in unbound.conf, but that
doesn't work.

Why the forward.conf file gets overwritten every reboot by default is
unclear.

Regards,
Marco
--
The reason why worry kills more people
than work is that more people worry than work.