Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:49:07 -0600
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Dave Lambrix" <dave@futurelnk.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Sendmail Help

Hi,

    The file that you need to have virtual hosting are /etc/sendmail.cw and
/etc/mail/virtusertable.db,  the sendmail.cw file its were you put the
domain names that your server will accept mail from.
ex:
cat /etc/sendmail.cw
domain1.com
domain2.com
host1.domain3.com

    The virtusertable.db file its a hash file, which contains virtual
addresses to real accounts. You have to create a file called virtusertable
and the syntaxis its something like this:
cat /etc/mail/virtusertable
webmaster@domain1.com    jack
webmaster@domain2.com    nick
webmaster@host1.domain3.com    joseph

    After you create this file, you have to create the hash file from it
with the following command: "makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable" and
then you will have the ".db" file.

    After this, you will have to tell sendmail to use this files, for this
you will have to add the following option to your ".mc" file:
FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl
you can find a generic file in "/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/cf" directory,
edit the generic-bsd.mc file, and add the above line, and then recreate your
"sendmail.cf" file with the following command: "make generic-bsd.cf" then
"cp generic-bsd.cf  /etc/sendmail.cf", and "killall -HUP sendmail" and you
are done.

    Dont forget to create an "MX" record  in your dns server pointing to
your mail for each one of the domains.

Have Fun...
Ales