Date:      Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:36:14 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Joseph Koenig (jWeb)" <joe@jwebmedia.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD + Apache2 + PHP + MySQL ?

Joseph Koenig (jWeb) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm getting ready to begin moving sites from an old web server to a new one.
>I've been reading about Apache 2 and it looks like it offers some great new
>features, but I'm concerned about the stability of it. I've seen a number of
>issues with memory leaks, etc, which concerns me because this server will
>get a decent amount of traffic. There's about 200 web sites on it that total
>about 1.5 million hits per day. Has anyone had any experience with Apache 2,
>PHP, & MySQL on FreeBSD 5.3 in a production environment? Any input would be
>appreciated. Please CC me on responses. Thanks,
>
>Joe Koenig
>Production Manager
>jWeb New Media Design
>joe@jWebmedia.com
>http://www.jwebmedia.com/
>636.928.3162

I'm sure that it's been taken care of, but I've not seen it in print,
so at all costs I would verify that the PHP project is no longer saying
that Apache2 is not recommended for PHPx.x, for whichever x.x
you would be considering.

I haven't yet dared make that switch, but it's more from laziness
than fear, I guess....

If you've already considered this, please ignore my feeble response.
However, maybe it'll keep the thread alive.....

Kevin Kinsey