Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 2003 06:09:55 -0800
From:      "Alex Teslik" <alex@acatysmoof.com>
To:        "list-freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IDE reboot after power outage problem

Hello,

My system used to be an all SCSI system. After rare power outages the system
would automatically fsck the disks and boot up.
Recently I added an IDE drive to the system. Now, after power outages the
system boots and when it gets to the ide drive it prompts for single user mode
shell. I drop into single user mode, fsck all the disks so they are marked
clean, and reboot.
Why is the system not automatically fsck'ing the disk on boot, and is there
some setting I need to enable to return to the old desired behavior?

Thanks,
Alex

uname -a
FreeBSD xxxx.xxxx.com 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #4: Tue May  6 00:26:04
PDT 2003     xxxx@xxxx.xxxx.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUALP3-4_8_0-RELEASE  i386

df -h
Filesystem    Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/da0s1a    97M    49M    40M    55%    /
/dev/da0s1e   7.7G   3.2G   3.9G    45%    /usr
/dev/ad0s1e    72G    42G    24G    64%    /home
procfs        4.0K   4.0K     0B   100%    /proc