Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 07:24:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: "boot: -c" did not work for me

On 16-Oct-98 Chen Xu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have FreeBSD2.2.7 and XFee86 3.3.2 installed my PC. Everything
> works fine.
>
> However, I am having a problem when I tried to configure the kernel
> using -c at boot: prompt. I was trying to enable the iso3 becasue
> my modem sits in COM4. But after enable the iso3, with this only
> new change, the booting could not complete.

[snip]

I'm no good at all at interpreting these panic messages, but perhaps the
problem is an IRQ conflict?

Are you using any other serial devices?  Would it be possible, rather than
enabling sio3, to reassign sio0 or sio1 to a different IRQ/port?  Or to disable
whichever device is in conflict with sio3?

--
Conrad Sabatier

Acid -- better living through chemistry.