Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:17:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Christer Hermansson <mail@chdev.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: somewhat new to java questions

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Steve Price wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Christer Hermansson wrote:
>
> # > 1) I check the lengths of the data in a few TextFields and if they're
> # > not at least a certain length I need to pop up a box that says so and
> # > after they click on OK they can fix it.  In both Windows and OS/2-PM
> # > I had a function called MessageBox.  Is there something similar here?
> #
> # I don't know about any thing like MessageBox in AWT or Swing but check out
> # this http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/dialog.html
>
> How about JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(...)?

I think something similar is what was in the above url.  I looked at it
but only briefly.  Whatever the case it's Swing.  Who much overhead does
swing add?  I'm trying to keep the applet as tiny as possible.  BTW, the
URL problem was solved by the first person that responded, sorry I don't
have his name handy, but Thanks!!

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2