Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:36 -0600
From:      "Brian McGroarty" <BMCGROARTY@high-voltage.com>
To:        "Alex Zepeda" <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-advocacy" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:  Re: KDE Office / FreeBSD alignment

> From: Alex Zepeda [mailto:garbanzo@hooked.net]
> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Brian McGroarty wrote:
>
> > How can we align ourselves with The K Desktop Environment,
> promoting FreeBSD
> > as the best platform for KDE? It would be HIGHLY beneficial
> for KDE and
> > FreeBSD both if we were sharing each other's momentum.
> >
> > KDE and FreeBSD.
>
> I'm sitting here cursing at zeus, the current KDE cvs server
> and thinking.
> Donations of hardware w/ decent network bandwidth would just
> rock.  Both
> the mailing lists and the cvs archives are on questionable
> machines, with
> questionable network uplinks.  Currently zeus claims to be
> out of space in
> /var/tmp making cvs updates impossible.  GRR.

If we could offer a server and connectivity, getting a "Powered by FreeBSD"
banner on the developer pages would incite discussion and debate, ultimately
promoting FreeBSD awareness among a very talented set of developers. Better
still if we can offer space for the main web page and share visibility with
one of Linux's fastest growing products.

Has anyone bandwidth to burn?