Date:      Fri, 30 May 2003 13:22:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      James Pace <jepace@pobox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ymessenger dies?

Hi.

I've been having this problem for too long now.  On one of my systems,
when I run ymessenger (Yahoo instant messenger client), it works.

On another, whenever I am supposed to get a message, it dies, and this
message appears:

    rayon [jepace:~] > ymessenger

    Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation

    Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

    Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation

    Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

    /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/ymessenger/libgtkhtml.so.21:
    Undefined symbol "iconv_open"

Everything should be installed right:
iconv-2.0_3                         =   up-to-date with port
libiconv-1.8_2                      =   up-to-date with port
gtk-1.2.10_9                        =   up-to-date with port

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-James
--