Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 09:45:25 -0400
From:      Brian <bcook@bsdwebsolutions.com>
To:        lioux@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: qmail-tls-1.03.20020825 sigbus/signal 10

Your email address listed in the Makefile isn't valid anymore.. fwiw.

Aside from that hello and I hope all is well with you..

I was trying out the qmail-tls port and installing qmail as quoted in
this link:

http://www.stevenfettig.com/mythoughts/archives/cat_qmailhowto.php

I've since gotten qmail-tls installed and working pretty smoothly.
Everything works execept for one inconsistent thing..

bcook@sodium [~]$ 8 > zgrep -c qmail-smtpd /var/log/messages.?.gz
/var/log/messages.0.gz:3
/var/log/messages.1.gz:23
/var/log/messages.2.gz:4
/var/log/messages.3.gz:4
/var/log/messages.4.gz:0
/var/log/messages.5.gz:0

/var/log/messages.0.gz:May 18 19:13:36 sodium /kernel: pid 80661
(qmail-smtpd), uid 82: exited on signal 10
/var/log/messages.0.gz:May 18 21:05:41 sodium /kernel: pid 43248
(qmail-smtpd), uid 82: exited on signal 10
/var/log/messages.0.gz:May 18 21:06:35 sodium /kernel: pid 43373
(qmail-smtpd), uid 82: exited on signal 10
/var/log/messages.1.gz:May 17 22:39:07 sodium /kernel: pid 17952
(qmail-smtpd), uid 82: exited on signal 10

signal 10 is a sigbus error, afaict.

This seems to only happen sometimes, and it has to do with smtp_auth and
tls, I've not been able to track it down or figure out exactly what
makes it happen.. I was wondering if you might have an idea as to what
it could be.  It is so inconsistent that at the exact same time that
someone else was getting the error, I could relay mail.

I have this setup and working on three different PC's that I was using
to learn on until I wanted to put this on a production machine..
(wouldn't you know that this only happens on the production machine..)

The machine is an HP NetServer lPr dual p3 550's 512Ecc dual 9.1G and a
905c - xl0.

This is on releng_4_8, this is in make.conf

# Optimize C code
CFLAGS= -O -pipe

# optimize kernel code
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe

# optimize C++ code
CXXFLAGS+= -fmemoize-lookups -fsave-memoized

I'm using vpopmail with these settings:
# for vpopmail
HARDQUOTA?=     5242880
RELAYCLEAR?=    10

and that's about all the interesting things that I can see.  I can give
you a kernel config if you would like, or any other information that you
think would help.

I would greatly appreciate -any- ideas or suggestions you might have.

I thank you for taking the time to read this message, and look forward
to a response.

Brian