Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:09:33 -0800
From:      Ken Draper <robokrikit@mminternet.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   LAN question (routing)

Hello,

    I've asked about this on freebsd-newbies, but have been directed
here for better assistance.. I recently set up my first FreeBSD box, and
I'm interested in using it as a router between a small LAN and the inet.
I've read up quite a bit on the subject, and know what should be
required to get things operating, but I have a complication.. My ISP
(dedicated ADSL line) assigned me several static IPs to use (though not
a full subnet). Generally in the FAQs and HOWTOs for routing, I see two
seperate subnets being connected, often using IP aliasing. The IPs I've
been assigned are in the same subnet as the gateway (at my ISP) that my
router would need to connect to (naturally). Will I be able to use these
IPs within my LAN, though they're in the same subnet my router would be
connecting to?

    Sorry if any of that was phrased badly; I'm very tired. :)  Thanks
for any help you can give.

Regards,

Ken Draper
robokrikit@mminternet.com