Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:15:17 +0100
From:      "Leif Neland" <leif@neland.dk>
To:        "jahanur" <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sv: Sv: unsolicited mail

----- Original Message -----=20
From: jahanur <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
To: Leif Neland <leif@neland.dk>
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 1999 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: Sv: unsolicited mail

> Yes I do have that. But that does not help.
> I mean I dont want them and I want to  stop them.
>=20
Let me ask my question again:=20

You do not have any valid mail-recipients for iant.com; a mail sent to =
david bounces with "Mail loops back to myself", which means you have not =
set your server to recieve mail for that domain.

I noticed iant.com and www.iant.com has the same ip-adress.
You also does not have a mx-record for it, which appearently means that =
mailers try to deliver to to the ip-adress.

If you assign a mx record for the domain, either 127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0 or =
no.mail.server. (I'm not sure if bind will accept a non-resolvable =
name), you won't get the mail for the domain at all.

> >=20
> > > HI folks,
> > > Holiday greetings to you all.
> > > I have been receiving unsolicited e-mail to one of my virtual =
e-mail
> > > domain which does not exist. It looks like that somebody who used =
to own
> > > this domain(iant.com) had a user called "david" and this person =
put his
> > > email address to some big sales email lists companies ( I think =
its all of
> > > the lists in the world). And listed himself as "david@iant.com". =
We host
> > > the virtual site "www.iant.com" since the beginning of this year. =