Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 08:00:06 -0600
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        kimc@w8hd.org
Cc:        brian@easy1.mediacity.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vat:

> From: Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
>
> On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Jim Lowe wrote:
>
> > > From: "Brian Litzinger" <brian@easy1.mediacity.com>
> > >
> > > I compiled m-src.020896.tar.gz on a 2.2-current system, and everything
> > > works fine except vat.
>
> > I use the stuff in m-src with -current and the -current sound stuff.  I
> > havn't upgraded my sound stuff to work with the new full duplex sound
> > code at this time.
> >
> > I think this means that if you are running -current and the new sound
> > stuff, you need to add the proper sound driver to vat.  If you are
> > running -current with the -current sound stuff you need to run vmix
> > and use vat with the -U /tmp/vmixsock option.
> >
> > Sometime soon we should get all this sound stuff straightened out...
>
> How about the /dev configuration?

If you run -current with the -current sound stuff, then the MAKEDEV in
/usr/src/etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV will make the correct devices.  I think all
you will have to do is change isa.c and comment out the annoying printf's
that someone installed.

I am not sure about -current with the full duplex sound code that is
located on rah.star-gate.com since I havn't installed that yet on my machine.

	-Jim