Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:29:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Otter <otter@otter.cc>
Cc:        marcus@redcentre.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading FreeBSD 2.2.7 to 4.0

If you're going for a new install anyway, might as well experiment
first.

How about rsyncing the whole thing from another machine, if you've
got one running something you like?  You can rsync from one to
another (you'd have to install rsync on both) using ssh if you
like.  Then you fix up the /etc files; you install from the 4.x
machine a generic kernel or one build on the 4.x machine and
moved to the 2.2.x.

especially if you use rsync with the --delete option (be sure
to back up the home directories first) this might just work.

Annelise