Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 1998 09:03:47 +0000
From:      Jim Joseph <jim@basil.stthom.edu>
To:        manly <manly@adelphia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot

manly wrote:

> Yes, i currently have installed FreeBSD 2.5 release on my system.  I can
> not get it to boot. Im also running winblow95.  Winblows 95 is on my
> first hard drive(master) and BSD is on my second(slave).  How can i boot
> up BSD on a floppy or just boot up, so i can use the your beastly OS.
>
>         Thanks please mail ASAP   manly@adelphia.net

This may not hold true for all machines, but on mine I could only use
FreeBSD if the root partition is one the primary(master drive) The
machine(Compaq) just would not boot from the slave device. Eventually I
decided the hell with Micro$oft Winblows and I just used FreeBSD. I am a
lot happier now :)

Jim Joseph
Email: jcj@phoenix.net

Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise person to be able to
sell it.