Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:40:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to markup variable types in mdoc..

Hey gang,

I'm working on some kernel manpages (wait for everyone to come to after
fainting...) and have a mdoc question.  Currently we can mark up a variable
name using Va.  How do you mark up a type like 'struct intrhand'?  In
DocBook we had a <type> element IIRC, but the only reference to types in
mdoc(7) is for Vt, which the page claims is only for Fortran.  (As if Fortran
is the only language to use typed variables or some other nonsense.)  Is it
actually ok to use Vt for this (and should we thus fix mdoc(7)) or do we have
some other less than intuitive way for marking up types?  :)

/me really wishes we just wrote manpages in DocBook