Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:01:54 +0200
From:      mark <mark@itsunix.uwc.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xserver problems

Hi all .....

I am having the folloing problem on my freebsd machine:

I installed freeBSD 3.2 from CD.
All works fine except for the Xserver.

I ran the setup from /stand/sysinstall and entered all the information to the
best of my knowledge.
But when I type startx I get this distorted X

I have tried various other options with the setup, I have even installed a
different video card. ( trident and also SiS )
But i still pretty much get the same type of screen.
Changing the options just gives me different colours.

My specs are as follows:

Intel pentium
meccer 14" monitor ( no label for sync rate )
serial mouse
101 key board
trident TGUI 9440 -3 video card

Thanks for your time